This tour takes you on a walking tour along an "Animal trail", which was created by the trampling of wild animals such as antelopes, hares, foxes and wild boars. While walking along the roadless path, we will observe the remains of food, feces, and markings on trees caused by rubbing/sharpening of horns and antlers. By straying from the "human path," we can see the world of wildlife, which exists like a parallel universe. This interesting experience will take you into a world that you have never seen before. The world before you will look completely different.
Winter is the easiest season of the year to look for animals and their tracks because the leaves have fallen off the trees and visibility is good. During the snowless season, you can see various tracks accumulated during the summer and autumn seasons. During the snowy season, it is fun to deduce the behavior of animals based on the footprints left clearly in the snow.
The forest, where the tour takes place, is usually closed to people and frequented by wild animals. You will find traces of animals digging holes, eating buds, drinking water, and rubbing their bodies against the bark of trees. Here and there, you can also find droppings that have different characteristics for each animal. The air is thick with the presence of animals.
- From December 1, 2022 to April 10, 2023
*Unavailable tour dates; January 18th to 20th, March 7 to 8, 2022
- Adults (13 years old and above) – 5,000 yen per person
- Meeting Place
- Picchio visitor center
*Meeting time is 10 minutes before the tour(reception starts 30minutes before the tour)
- You can make a reservation online up until 11:30am on the day of the tour.
*Once capacity for the tour is reached, the reception will close so we recommend you book as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
・Please come to the agreed place on time. If you are late on the day, we might give your spot on the tour to another guest.
- Cancellation policy
- Cancellation is free up to 2 days before the tour.
・If you cancel 2 days before the tour, a cancellation fee of 20% of the tour cost will be charged.
・If you cancel the day before the tour, a 50% cancellation fee will be charged.
・If you cancel on the day of the tour then the full cost of the tour will be charged.
In case we have to cancel the tour due to unexpected reasons (weather, observation conditions, etc.), we will contact you at least 90 minutes before the tour is scheduled to start. Please check your email or phone frequently on the day of the tour.
- Warm jacket
- Long warm pants
- Winter boots
- Free rental items
- We provide free rental service rain wear and trekking shoes (or snow shoes depending on the level of snowfall). *these items are of limited quantity so rental is subject to availability. If required, it is advised that you reserve the items in advance.
We do not currently rent gloves or hats, but should you require them, they are available to purchase and keep – just ask at the reception desk. Gloves: 300 yen, Knit cap: 500 yen
- Please note that the tour would not be cancelled in light rainy weather. However, in the event of a storm, we would cancel the tour and inform the person who made the reservation by 12：00 noon on the day of tour.