Wildlife Night Drive in Winter
Karuizawa is surrounded by abundant nature and many wild animal species live nearby but we can't easily meet them. Would you like to take a peek into the world of wild animals that live strong with us? The animals you meet in the forest on a winter night may show you many faces you didn't know before.
1. Footprints made by a variety of wild animals
After it snows, you can see footprints made by a variety of wild animals such as a deer, fox, and racoon dog on the snow. You can imagine the animals moving around the forest even in the harsh winter of Karuizawa.
2. High probability of encountering wild animals
The biggest feature of this tour is the high chance of seeing the wild animals. The guides at Picchio are familiar with the ecology of all the wildlife species. They will be able to guide you through the unique aspects of living creatures from an expert perspective, not only from observing the animals themselves but also from observing the surrounding natural environment and ecosystem as a whole.
- From January 7 to March 31, 2022
- 6:30pm – 8:00pm
- Adults (13 years old and above) – 6,500 yen per person
Children (4-12 years old) – 4,500 yen per child
- Must be 4 years or older
- Meeting Place
- Karuizawa Asama Prince Hotel (View Directions)
*We are meeting at Karuizawa Asama Prince Hotel, not at Picchio Visitor Center
- You can make a reservation by phone to Karuizawa Asama Purince Hotel up until 4:00pm on the day of the tour.
＊Once capacity for the tour is reached, the reception will close so we recommend you book as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
- Down Jackets
- Cold protection trousers
- Snow boots
- Gloves, or neck warmer are recommended
＊The temperature becomes -10 degree in Karuizawa in winter.
- ・We are meeting at Karuizawa Asama Prince Hotel, not at Picchio Visitor Center.